HCP data for the 1st Quarter 2019-20 (1 July – 30 Sep 2019)
Written by Ilsa Bird, Sector Support Coordinator
Below is a summary of the HCP data for the 1st Quarter 2019-20 (1 July – 30 Sep 2019)
- At 30 December 2019, there were 134,930 people in a home care package
- This represents a quarterly increase of 9,811 people (7.8 per cent) since 30 June 2019 (125,119).
- In NSW there were 41,266 people in a home care package.
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there were 4,187 people in a home care package as of September 2019.
- There were 28,638 Home Care approvals in the first quarter which is an increase of 7.1 per cent compared to September 2018.
- In NSW there were 9,703 approvals, the highest number of approvals were for level 2 packages.
- In the first quarter 2019-20, there were a total of 18,367 new entries into home care.
- In NSW there were a total of 6,809 new entries
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there were a total of 709 new entries to Home Care compared to 503 new entries in the fourth quarter 2018-19.
- In the first quarter, there were 48,100 packages released, an average of 3,700 per week. 80 per cent of these packages were offered to people who were not in an interim package.
- In NSW there were 17,315 packages released
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there were 2,501 packages released compared with 1,265 from the 2018-19 second quarter.
Approved Home Care Providers
- As of 30 Sep 2019, there were 926 approved Home Care providers which is a decrease of 0.3 per cent since 30 June 2019.
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there were 44 approved HCP providers which has increased from 38 since 30 Sep 2018.
- At 30 Sep, there were 62,942 people who were awaiting their approved level package who had not yet been offered a lower level home care package. 96 per cent of these people had been approved to access CHSP.
Reported estimated wait times for approved packages have not changed relative to the 2018-19 first quarter.
Level 1: 3-6 months
Level 2: 12 months +
Level 3: 12 months+
Level 4: 12 months+
- The average published exit amount for approved providers as of 30 Sep 2019 was $222 which has decreased by $10 since 30 Sep 2018
- 41 per cent of providers indicated they did not deduct an exit amount
Download the full report here: Home-Care-Data-Report-1st-qtr-2019-20