HCP Data Report 1 Oct – 31 Dec 2018
Below is a summary of the HCP data for the 2nd Quarter 2018-19 (1 October – 31 December 2018).
- At 30 September 2018 there were 90,646 in home care packages which has decreased since June 2018 which was 91,847
- In NSW there were 30,462 people receiving HCP which has fallen slightly since last quarter.
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there are 3,070 people in a home care package.
- There were 26,220 Home Care approvals in the 2nd quarter, which is reduction of 2% since last quarter.
- In NSW there were 8,603 approvals, the highest number of approvals were for level 2 packages.
- As of September 2018, there were a total of 6,029 new entries into home care.
- In NSW there were a total of 2,304 new entries
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there were a total of 202 new entries to Home Care: 34 level 1, 98 level 2, 47 level 3 and 23 level 4.
- In the second quarter, there were 29,400 packages released.
- In NSW there were 10,448 packages released
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there were 1,265 packages released which is a 3% increase from the 2018-19 first quarter
Approved Home Care Providers
- As of 31 December 2018, there were 902 approved Home Care providers which is an increase of 0.7% since last quarter and 11.9% since December 2017.
- In the Northern Sydney Region there were 39 approved HCP providers.
- At 31 Decemeber 2018, there were 73,978 people who were awaiting their approved level package who had not yet been offered a lower level home care package. This is a 7% increase since the 2018-19 first quarter.
Reported estimated wait times for approved packages have not changed relative to the 2018-19 first quarter.
Level 1: 3-6 months
Level 2: 12 months +
Level 3: 12 months+
Level 4: 12 months+
- The average published exit amount for approved providers as of December 31 was $231 which has decreased by $35 or 13.2% since December 2017.
- 41.7% of providers indicated they did not deduct an exit amount which is down from 42.1% at 30 September 2017.
To read the full report, click here: HCP-Data-Report-2018-19-2nd-Qtr