HCP Data Report 1 Jan – 31 March 2019
Written by Ilsa Bird, Sector Support Coordinator
Below is a summary of the HCP data for the 3rd Quarter 2019-19 (1 Jan – 31 March 2019)
- At 31 December 2018, there were 93,331 people in a home care package
- This represents an annual increase of 15,413 people (19.8 per cent) since 31 December 2017 (77,918) and a quarterly increase of 2,685 people (3.0 per cent) since 30 September 2018 (90,646).
- In NSW there were 31,605 people in a home care package which has risen slightly since last quarter (30,462)
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there were 3,149 people in a home care package.
- There were 26,486 Home Care approvals in the third quarter, which is an increase of 266 from the second quarter.
- In NSW there were 8,993 approvals, the highest number of approvals were for level 2 packages.
- As of December 2018, there were a total of 10,610 new entries into home care.
- In NSW there were a total of 3,627 new entries
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there were a total of 348 new entries to Home Care: 21 level 1, 164 level 2, 100 level 3 and 63 level 4. This is an additional 146 new entries in the region since September 2018.
- In the third quarter, there were 31,200 packages released.
- In NSW there were 11,301 packages released
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there were 1,262 packages released compared with 1,265 from the 2018-19 second quarter
Approved Home Care Providers
- As of 31 March 2019, there were 917 approved Home Care providers which is an increase of 1.7% since last quarter and 7.5% since 31 March 2018.
- In the Northern Sydney Region, there were 42 approved HCP providers which has increased from 37 since 31 March 2018.
- At 31 December 2018, there were 73,739 people who were awaiting their approved level package who had not yet been offered a lower level home care package. 94% of these people had been approved to access CHSP.
Reported estimated wait times for approved packages have not changed relative to the 2018-19 first quarter.
Level 1: 3-6 months
Level 2: 12 months +
Level 3: 12 months+
Level 4: 12 months+
- The average published exit amount for approved providers as of 31 March 2019 was $226 which has decreased by $24 since 31 March 2018
- 3% of providers indicated they did not deduct an exit amount, which is up from 41.4% in December 2018.