Introduction to aged care sector reforms – a regulatory perspective Webinar
- This event has passed.
Approved aged care providers and services are invited to attend a special webinar, ‘Introduction to aged care reforms – a regulatory perspective’, hosted by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
This live webinar will be held on two separate dates to give all providers and services the opportunity to participate:
- 1:00 pm–2:00 pm (AEST) Thursday 8 September 2022
- 2:00 pm–3:00 pm (AEST) Tuesday 13 September 2022
The webinar will provide an overview of the new Aged Care and Other Legislation Amendment (Royal Commission Response) Act, with a particular focus on the following 4 measures that are directly relevant to the regulation of aged care, and which will apply from 1 December 2022:
- extending the Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) to home care and flexible care
- establishing a Code of Conduct for aged care providers, workers and governing persons
- strengthening provider governance
- use of restrictive practices and consent