Home care packages: what’s changed?
18 April @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- This event has passed.
In January 2023, the Australian Government put a cap on management and administrative fees for Home Care Packages and updated the program’s operational manual.
In this webinar, our expert panel will discuss:
- what the recent changes will mean for home care services and fees
- what’s included and what’s excluded
- where to go for more information and support.
They will also talk about the 15 per cent pay rise for aged care workers, from June 30, and its effect on the aged care system.
OPAN’s panel hosted by Dianne Weller includes:
- Craig Gear OAM, CEO, Older Persons Advocacy Network
- Frank Smith, home care recipient, member of OPAN’s National Older Persons Reference Group
- Melissa Fraser, Financial Advocacy Officer from ADACAS (OPAN’s ACT member)
- Julia Atkinson, acting Assistant Secretary of the Home Care and Assessments Branch, Department of Health and Aged Care.
The webinar will be followed by a live Q&A.