EOI: Co-Design Activity for Care Providers (Digital Transformation for the Aged Care Sector – Online Workshop)
1 March @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- This event has passed.
As part of the Department of Health and Aged Care’s Digital Transformation for the Aged Care sector, volunteer participants are sought for a 1.5 hour workshop. The project is to develop an IT solution for new data collection. The Department is working to publish additional information about the operations of providers on the My Aged Care website.
About the project
- This project was stood up after a Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety recommendations that focused on older Australians having better access to information about approved providers’ operations.
- The Department is working to publish additional information about the operations of residential, home, and transition care providers on the My Aged Care website.
- Where possible, the information will be sourced from data we already hold.
- From 31 October 2023, providers will be required to supply some additional information about their operations to the department.
- An IT solution is being developed for the new data collection (expected to be ready July 2023), with the IT build for publication of data on My Aged Care expected to be ready from January 2024.
About the activity
- We are keenly looking for residential and home care providers to participate in a 1.5 hour workshop through a video conference hosted on webex
- The session will be held on 1 March 2023 at 1.30pm (ASET)
- Input from the session will support the IT design of the provider operations data collection tool
- Participants will require access to video conference facilities
- We are looking for residential and home care providers only
- We welcome providers of all sizes and across the country
What to expect on the day of the video conference session
- An overview of the project will be provided, including an overview of the relevant legislative requirements
- We will workshop and seek your advice about the proposed data collection approach. In particular, we would like to get your input for:
- the statement signed by the governing body which will confirm whether the provider complied with its duties under the aged care legislative framework
- What kind of feedback and complaints have been received by providers on each service?
- Have there been any key improvements made to a service?
- If you would like to participate in this workshop, we would also appreciate the ability to contact you (if needed) if we encounter any specific issues during the build of the IT solution and need some advice. If we did need to contact you
- It would be an informal chat on the telephone or you can tell us how you would prefer to be contacted.
- Times we might need to reach out would be between March and May 2023 while the data collection tool is being developed. This may extend to December 2023 when data presentation for publishing on My Aged Care is to be finalised.
- Contact would be by exception and we would be mindful of time and other commitments
- We would coordinate a time that best suits you if we need to reach out
For more information email DTSectorPartners@Health.gov.au
Register your interest here