Diversity and inclusion in aged care
- This event has passed.
People from diverse and marginalised backgrounds represent over 50% of those accessing aged care services. Therefore, diversity and inclusion should be at the centre of the aged care system, ensuring services are accessible to, and considerate of people from different cultural or social backgrounds and individual experiences. Aged care services should respect and affirm the identity, experience, preference and choice of each older person.
A live Q & A will follow the panel discussion.
We will cover:
- the importance of diversity and inclusivity being embedded in aged care services
- examples of service providers doing diversity and inclusion well
- diversity recommendations from the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety
- Aged Care Diversity Framework
- insights from older people.